This statement sets out the data processing practises carried out by Brighton Energy Coop (BEC):
* through the use of electronic communications (internet, email, and social media)
* through written communications and
* through the storage of personal data in electronic or physical form.
If you have any queries about our use of your personal information or about this statement please contact us.
Any personal information you give us will be processed in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act).
Information that we collect
We collect personal information from visitors to our website through the use of online forms, and from emails or other correspondence received from members or from the public.
We keep personal information relating to BEC members and their shareholdings.
How personal information is used
We process personal information collected via our website, or by email post or telephone, for the purposes of:-
* Dealing with your requests/enquiries or your membership or share application
* For members, dealing with interest payments or other related financial transactions, and ongoing
administration of shareholdings
* Providing you with news items on renewable energy matters, and information about future BEC activities and investment offers.
* To compile statistics about BEC activities and membership
Personal data will be used for other purposes only where you have agreed.
Disclosure of information
BEC will not sell personal information and will only disclose it to people involved in the running of Brighton Energy Coop. Personal data will not be disclosed to any other third party, except within the terms of the Act.
Where personal data is used for statistical or research purposes, any information published will not be such as to identify individuals.
Transmission of Data
BEC uses the internet to collect and process personal data. Of necessity this involves the transmission of data on an international basis. By browsing our website or communicating electronically with us through the website or by email or other means, you acknowledge and agree to our processing personal data in this way.
BEC is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. It will be held no longer than necessary. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure BEC has administrative procedures in place to protect physical and electronic information.
Cookies can be disabled if you wish, in your browser settings. You will still be able to use the BEC website, but some features might not be available.